Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How we touch each other.


This morning, I found this picture in my computer, dated 2010, in an album titled Native Garden Ideas.
In July 2011, Brian's friends constructed a memorial garden containing similar elements and features pictured here. What they possessed was a sketch Janet designed after she and Brian visited our house in Oregon.  The two of them spend a few days with us, on and off the lake, on and off similar boardwalks, similar aesthetics. Nobody had seen this picture before!

Janet drove Jasmine, my grandchild, and me to various nurseries in Southern California shopping for native grasses and bushes to line up a boardwalk along  these lines. She had designed a creek crossing just like this one!

I'm sure we influence each other in so many ways, years before we copy each other.
The designer of this garden has no idea how far his influence has traveled.

If any of you recognize this picture and can identify the source, please let me know.
I need to express my debt of gratitude to this person.


3 comments:

  1. I hope your search is successful. It looks like such a restful, lovely garden. I hope - no, I'm sure - you will post photos of Brian's garden in due time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how the design of this garden struck a cord with you and how the design was then the inspiration for the creation of a garden that bring healing to those who designed Brian's garden and created it.

    I hope you find the original designer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate?

    ReplyDelete